Thursday, October 7, 2010

How I met my idol, Virender Sehwag

I still remember the day when I met Sehwag. It was the 5th December, 2009. On 3rd December, 2009, Sehwag came out to bat at the Brabourne pitch of Mumbai. I was in my college. At around 12 noon, my friends messaged me that Viru is on fire as he reached 100. I was excited, but more jealous as my friends were in the stadium itself. Well, there was no chance I could bunk my lectures as those 3 days were the compulsory one. To add insult to injury, I had Physics practicals from 3 to 6. This meant watching this awesome inning of Viru was impossible for me.

At around 2:30, again my friends SMSed me that Viru has gone passed 200. My excitement was over the moon. I requested the professors a lot, but they did not allow me to go. Sadly, I missed the bulk of that inning. When I heard that Viru reached 250, I just did not care what my college will do if I bunk my Physics practicals. I picked up my bag, took the bus and went home to see the match on the television. All my efforts went waste as when I reached, Dravid was facing the second last delivery of the day off Murali.

Well, I was really sad that I couldn't see Sehwag bat, but I was extremely happy as a triple century was almost certain for Sehwag. He had already scored two triple centuries and was not out on 286 after the end of the day.

How could I ever miss the chance of watching Viru reach his milestones! Next day, I decided to bunk my Chemistry practicals and headed towards the stadium. Along with me were my three friends, Anmol (a big Dravid fan), Yogesh (cricket fan and likes Gambhir) and Samkit (just has some interest in cricket). The day begun and I was nervous. Sehwag needed just 14 runs to reach his third triple century. No player ever has achieved the milestone of scoring three triple centuries ever. The day begun and Dravid struck a six over long on to Herath in the very first over. My friend Anmol was over the moon.

Unfortunately, Sehwag missed out on a triple. He was caught and bowled by Muttiah Muralitharan. I was very upset and had tears in my eyes. Rest of the day was just painful for me.

After the end of the day's play, I decided to go and meet Viru, and Anmol wanted to meet Dravid. The security was tight and they did not allow us to move in. However, we managed to meet Tillakartne Dilshan, Mahela Jayawardene, Ajantha Mendis and Lasith Malinga. Team India had gone back to the hotel.

I couldn't stop myself from meeting Viru. Then, I saw the Neo Cricket cricket commentator, Archana Vijaya. I was knowing her as I had chats with her sometimes on Facebook. I broke the security and went to meet here. Took an autograph, a snap and asked her to make me meet Viru and Anmol meet Dravid. She said us to return back next day morning.

Anmol and I reached the ground at 8:30. Archana Vijaya saw us and asked us to come in. Then at first, I was made to met Viru. The producer of Neo Cricket helped me go past the security to meet my idol, Virender Sehwag. What a moment for me! The moment of my life. The guards were not at all happy with me coming to the ground and wanted to get me out of the ground as soon as possible. For that reason, I could just meet Sehwag for around 10 seconds. I managed to take his autograph, but a snap wasn't possible.

Those 10 seconds will surely by one of the best 10 seconds ever in my life.

Enjoy some snaps guys....

When I met Archana Vijaya


Archana Vijaya's Autograph


Virender Sehwag's Autograph

A photo which I made for Sehwag




Abhishek Sharma

Cricket fanatic and a gadget freak. Loves programming, keen to discover new things.

12 comments:

  1. Haha. I remember that day. You were just going mad in the lecture. Really good that you bunked the practs. Do you remember that luckily, that day turned out to be revision practs.! So you met Viru and also did not miss much.

    And Abhi, do you have the pic of Dravid's autograph of Anmol?
    If possible upload that also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have the pic of Dravid's autograph too. I will mail it to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story there! Thank u for posting archana's auto! hope u get to meet all ur idols! cheers! - @AV_Fans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks @AV_Fans (from twitter). As you mentioned, hopefully I get to meet all my idols. But the question is, who else can be a bigger idol to me than Sehwag! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story dude! You WILL definitely meet Sehwag and get a "Photograph" with him and Chips!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pritvhi. Hopefully, I manage to meet Viru yet again. And surely, this time I'll get Chips with me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. am little jealous...but very happy that 1 of my best pals has met my(our) viru...hopefully,1 day comes where i can upload my snaps with viru....wish me 4 that....congrats 4 ur snaps wiyh viru

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you will meet Viru some day Seshagiri (Chips). My wishes are always with you.

    I'll be waiting for that day when you meet Viru and send me the snaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks 4 ur wishes................

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww really great ....
    also like viru & sachin.........
    i hope ki mai bhi apna dream player se mil paungi

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the luckiest in the world. I'm still waiting for my luck...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Abhishek I Am Fan Of Virendra Sehwag.I Would Like To Purchase the autograph of Virendra Shewag With Best Wishesh Or Even the Autograph Keep Smiling' given to you,if you are ready please send the reply & price of it.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright @ Abhishek Sharma's Blog

Designed using Templateiy & CollegeTalks